Global Industrial Warehouse Associate: Order Selector - 1st Shift 7:00am to 3:30pm - Robbinsville, NJ in Robbinsville, New Jersey
Warehouse Associate: Order Selector*Robbinsville, NJ 1st Shift 7:00am to 3:30pm*
$14.17 an hour Order Selector Warehouse Associate
We're hiring! We need responsible and experienced warehouse equipment operators to safelyperform assigned warehouse functions using our established processes, procedures, and tools. We need you to work in accordance with safety and quality standards, as we as defined productivity and performance expectations.
Please have experience using varioustools used for banding pallets, as well as functionsincluding, but not limited to unloading, put-away, sorting, labeling, picking, packing, replenishing, auditing, shipping, making boxes, etc.
Global Industrial is an industry leader and follows all OSHA guidelines.
Location: Robbinsville, NJ -- Monday through Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm$500 Sign-on bonus $14.17/hr Benefits include: paid time off, 401k, Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance (external applicants only)
What We Care About
We care about you and your safety.
We care about a strong work life balance.
We care that you truly enjoy your work.
We care about what you think.
What we want you to care about
Personal and workplace safety.
Customer service making sure that the right product gets to the customer.
Pride in your work.
What you need to know
Warehouse fluctuates in temperature
You'll need to receive products using frequency scanners and unload shipments from trucks
You need comfortable and safety approved footwear.
You don't have to look good in safety yellow or orange but it' a plus.
You'll need to be able to handle/lift everything from small parcels to large, heavy packages.
You'll be moving around a lot - on PIT equipment, pallet jacks, and other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise
401(k) with company match
Holiday and overtime pay
Paid time off
Employee discounts on products
The Details: Full-time role handling the receipt, storage, and shipment of product while meeting productivity, quality, safety behavioral and attendance expectations.
- Uses a scanner gun to receive, verify and count inbound or outbound material and stages in designated locations.
- Retrieves and prepares pallets/skids for inbound and outbound functions.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets by hand to complete customer orders or receive inventory.
- Verifies the accuracy of products gathered and transports orders on pallets to inbound departments, packing stations, or shipping trailers.
- Operates a riding powered pallet jack or forklift to move products efficiently in a productive environment.
- Operates a stock picker / cherry pick /man-up machine to move products efficiently in a productive environment.
- Assists Order Selectors and Packers with heavy lifts.
- Adheres to all safety standards and regulations.
- Maintains equipment logs and reports malfunctions.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Previous related warehouse experience preferred
- Riding powered pallet jack experience preferred / Forklift experience required
- Experience operating a stock picker/cherry picker/ man- up machine preferred
- Scan gun and computer usage preferred
- Experience operating reach lift a plus
- Able to lift products weighing up to 75 lbs on a continuous basis in a productive environment
- Able to stand, walk, pull, and bend 100% of the day continually
- Reading and comprehension skills required
- Strong initiative and self-motivational skills
- Verbal communication skills
- You must be able to read and take direction in English
- You must be at least 18 years old
Who We Are
We've been around for a while, and we believe our continued success is due to the basic principles of recognizing and rewarding superior performance for individuals and teams. We've seen this principle drive innovations and solutions to promote higher levels of productivity and customer service.
Our 70 year history of consistent success provides you with solid employment. We hire employees who are good at what they do and enjoy their work, and we offer a number of benefits and coverage for individuals, and families. Our corporate culture strives to maintain strong communication at all levels, professionalism in our work, and respect for our co-workers.
Systemax is the parent company of Industrial Products Group including Global Industrial, C & H, Avenue, Nexel, PFI, Industrial Supplies.com and other affiliate companies. Our EMEA division includes Misco France, Inmac wstore and i-com software.
Global Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals to apply.
Location: Robbinsville, NJ, USA
Employment Type: Full Time