Pep Boys Merchandising Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
To partner with merchandising business teams on defining and implementing core initiatives and processes.
Develop strategies and identify synergies through information technology which support merchandising and supply chain initiatives.
To sunset legacy applications by rewriting, replatforming to open systems and/or migrating to SAP solutions.
To build a staff supporting initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create project plans to manage merchandising initiatives from inception to final deployment
- Manage and develop staffing models both onshore and offshore to properly execute plans
- Manage budgets and provide updates to leadership team for projects
- Develop migration plans to move legacy systems onto a more robust technology solution
- Partner with merchandising leads to prioritize and deliver approved projects
- Collaborate with acquisition partners and internal staff to leverage SAP frameworks streamlining business processes
_ Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities_
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 20+ years in IT with 5+ management experience.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently leveraging a variety of staffing models
- Has broad architectural expertise in development of application systems crossing multiple platforms
- Work seamlessly with technology team to procure required platforms from development thru production
- Detail-oriented team player who can work with IT professionals, managers and third-party consultants to reach a shared goal.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive data and multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Has experience working with enterprise, distributed, and cloud deployment models
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Supply Chain and Merchandising experience a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
These characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers, typing or writing.
- Occasional standing and walking.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Listening and comprehension
Potential Schedule: Days
Type of Store: Store Support Center
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 99SSC
Location Name: PBY PA SSC-99SSC