SMG Command Station Technician in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Command Station Technician for SMG PA Convention Center. The Command Station Technician shall be responsible for the operation of a Continuum Building Security and Access System. Also, a Siemens life-safety-fire alarm system as well as a DvTel CCTV System. Position reports to the Support Services Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, record and respond to alarms and other emergencies in and around the Center
- Monitor security/safety activities in and around the Center or on close-circuit television monitors and audio alarms
- Coordinate with contracted security supervision to investigate, alarms and /or emergencies to police and/or fire departments and/or hospitals
- Receive incoming calls by telephone, radio and alarm system
- Maintain logs as directed
- Other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Support Services Manager
- Proficiency in use of CCTV, including monitoring, recording, and playback
- Monitor Building HVAC and Lighting Systems
- Proficiency in maintaining an electronic incident reporting system
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma
- Minimum (2) years in public safety
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interface with general public, outside representatives and center clients
- Knowledge of computer equipment, telecommunications, and emergency services radio
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 1-800-428-9000
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled