Rutgers University Physician Specialist (Nephrology) in New Brunswick, New Jersey
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating universitywide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers.
Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state—at Rutgers University–New Brunswick, including Piscataway; and at locations in Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Stratford, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, Newark’s University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates.
Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives.
New Jersey Medical School is seeking a Physician Specialist for the Department of Medicine-Nephrology. The Physician Specialist provides ambulatory and inpatient care. Provides direct clinical care to patients in general adult population. Functions collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams, maintains effective communication with staff and administration, and renders general nephrology services.
- Evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions based on high quality clinical medicine in their area of specialty.
- Develops and oversees a thorough plan of treatment.
- Orders appropriate blood work and other laboratory procedures.
- Reviews radiologic and laboratory test results to identify and communicate abnormal findings.
- Reviews entire EMR chart during encounter and documents inpatient or outpatient encounter in the EMR.
- Prescribes and administers medication.
- Educates patients as it relates to their medical condition.
- Assures implementation and ongoing status of recommended treatment.
- Serves as a consultant to the primary care practitioner on conditions.
- Refers patients to appropriate follow up physician consults.
- Recommends universal precautions when ordering any invasive procedure for diagnostic or routine studies.
- Provides services in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control infection guidelines, Federal State and local laws, and Quality Improvement Program standards.
- Maintains and submits documentation of current medical licensure, DEA registration, and CDS certificate.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Minimum Education and Experience
- MD degree or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Board certified or board eligible in Nephrology.
- Credential Required: Licensed, or eligible, by the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners.
- Current DEA and CDS registration.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to type and use a computer to enter in the Electronic Medical Records.
- Manual dexterity and mobility for charting (typing).
- Ability to handle emergency and crisis situations.
- Must exhibit flexibility to work in a variety of settings.
- Two (2) years of experience.
- Fluent in Spanish.
Recruitment/Posting Title: Physician Specialist (Nephrology)
Job Category: Staff & Executive - Medical (Clinical) - Nephrology
Department: NJMS-Clinical Affairs
Position Status: Full Time
Annual Minimum Salary: 25108.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 175054.000
Annual Maximum Salary: 325000.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: Non-Union
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment: Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Posting Number: 18ST0876
Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Home Location Campus: Off Campus
Location Details: New Bridge Campus