Dr Pepper Snapple Group Quality Control Technician in Carteret, New Jersey
Quality Control Technician The Quality Control Technician in our Carteret facility is responsible for performing standardized qualitative and quantitative tests on work-in-process and finished products to ensure compliance with company and/or customer quality standards.
Join the team at Dr Pepper Snapple Group and make a difference by pursuing everything that you do with the determination that sets us apart from our competitors. Driving for results leads to recognition and personal growth within the company, helping us to achieve our goal to “Be the Best Beverage Business in theAmericas”. The success that comes from within each of us is recognized, and creates opportunities for your growth in the organization.
Shift and Schedule This is a full time permanent position working on the 2nd or 3rd shift. The hours for the 2nd shift are from 12:30pm to 8:30pm and the 3rd shift hours are from 8:30pm to 4:30am Monday through Friday. Must be flexible to work overtime and weekends depending on the needs of the business.
Position Responsibilities 1. Conduct organoleptic and analytical tests at various stages of compounding and packaging to ensure compliance with standards. May include the use of pH meters, HPLC, Malvern Mastersizer, and other instrumentation.* 2. Submit samples for microbiological testing, maintains test results, and calculates batch adjustments for certain products.* 3. Approve batches for packaging and conforming finished product for shipment and places non-conforming product on hold for further analysis.* 4. Make corresponding inventory movements in SAP.* 5. File and maintain retained samples.* 6. Calibrate, clean, and maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation.* 7. Prepare reagents and solutions for use in testing. Observes conditions and practices in compounding, packaging, and finished goods storage areas, making recommendations for improvement.**
Total Rewards We take great pride in offering our people benefits that are competitive. We appreciate hard work, innovative ideas and unending passion, which is why we provide a comprehensive set of benefits and options designed to fit the unique lifestyles of our employees from day one based on eligibility requirements.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Previous experience using electronic documentation and tracking using an inventory management system or application
- Previous experience working in Quality Control
- Previous experience calibrating, cleaning, and maintaining laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Previous experience reviewing and analyzing sample tests and making adjustments based on results
- Previous experience in any related industry (Pharmaceutical, chemical, cosmetic, food or beverage, or military) * * * *Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE: DPS) is one of North America’s leading refreshment beverage companies, manufacturing, bottling and distributing more than 50 brands of carbonated soft drinks, juices, teas, mixers, waters and other premium beverages. With a brand heritage spanning more than 200 years, the DPS portfolio includes some of the most recognized beverages in the Americas. More than 75 percent of the company’s overall volume is from brands that are either #1 or #2 in their flavor categories. In addition to its flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, the DPS portfolio includes 7UP, Mott’s, A&W, Sunkist soda, Hawaiian Punch, Canada Dry, Schweppes, RC Cola, Diet Rite, Squirt, Peñafiel, Yoo-hoo, Rose’s, Clamato, Mr & Mrs T and other well-known consumer favorites.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Dr Pepper Snapple Group recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Organization: *Supply Chain
Title: Quality Control Technician
Location: New Jersey-Carteret
Requisition ID: 1804250