Burlington Associate Chain Planner in Burlington, New Jersey
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as an Associate Chain Planner – Merchandising! Are you a results-driven retail professional with strong financial planning and creative problem solving abilities? Do you enjoy analyzing data and uncovering the story being told by numbers and analytics? Are you an expert multitasker who can react and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Associate Chain Planner is responsible for achieving sales and profit objectives for a small merchandise category, working in conjunction with one or more buying teams. This responsibility includes the development and successful execution of topside and detailed financial plans, assortment/buy guide, and merchandise allocation strategies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Manage the Business:
• Gathers and prepares historical data and hindsight analysis for Merchandising and Planning to support Pre-Season Planning
• Collaborates with Chain Planners and Forecasting team to review system generated forecasts for reasonability and analyzes history to identify sales opportunities and risks
• Participates in the development of Chain/Class/Season/Monthly and Gross Margin Plans
• Collaborates with Planning and Merchant teams to evaluate monthly sales and inventory strategies
• Provides supporting analysis for the business review
• Makes recommendations on price & lifestyle strategies/guidelines in collaboration with Merchants
• Develops aging/exit strategies at appropriate level of the hierarchy
• Assists in creating action plan summaries for overall strategy and works with Merchants and Location Planners to finalize
• Works with Merchants on product flow, size/color and case pack requirements
• Collaborates with Location Planning to understand regional impact to the business
• Responsible for plan updates ensuring alignment to leadership direction and submits for approval
• Executes In-Season strategy and shares recommendations to drive business
• Executes permanent markdowns
Reporting and Analysis:
• Completes analysis of sales and margin trend
• Identifies product opportunities/risks and partners with Planning and Merchant teams to align on product and Location strategies and plan adjustments
• Performs Vendor analysis to support assortment recommendations and identify potential opportunities and risks
Scope and Impact:
This role is a critical touch point with the merchant organization. Plays a critical role in the development of merchandising financial plans for small business categories.
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-2 years prior experience in retail merchandising, allocations, or planning environment.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Communicates effectively
• Analytical thinker
• Retail Math
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time
• Problem solving
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2018-68246
Address 2006 Route 130 North
Zip Code 08016
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Planning and Allocation